Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Week Two Down!











Last Sunday I finished my second week of off-season training. It is a base/foundation 4wk cycle and I notched 9.5 hours of bike time. The weekend had me doing back to back two hour days on the bike. Actually I used the stationary bike at the Alfond Athletic Center here at KHS. It works for me. I can easily manipulate the intensity (or lack there of) and watch cable TV, which is not an option for me on my trainer in the basement at home. I also do not like putting on the miles on my road bike if I can help it. I need to really baby my Scott Speedster as I won't be getting any new ride soon.
Come Monday my legs were pretty heavy and I was ready for a day off! Didn't happen though. I snowshoed in the Readfield Town Forest accompanying a student of mine who is doing an indepenedent study on Forestry. We met Harold Burnett of Two Trees Forestry who he is job shadowing and members of the Readfield Conservation Commission. We reviewed the logging operation that is under way in the town forest and I got to see what my student was learning.
The walking was easy with lots of stops and it was a nce day in the woods. Most days are!
Week three is 10 hours. I logged 75 minutes Tuesday snowshoeing with Huck. We got about 10-12 inches of beautiful powder Sunday and it was a blast walking through it. Good cross training and strenght training as I had to lift my knees high to break trail. I will probably do one more day of snowshoing or XC skiing later this week to mix up the training a bit. Keep it fresh!

No comments:

Post a Comment