Thursday, January 29, 2009

Illness Getting in the Way

I have felt lousy the past two days. A seriously sore throat with swelling and lots of chest congestion, achy body and fatigue from not being able to sleep well. I wanted to snowshoe yesterday afternoon or evening in the fresh new snow, but I was just too tired and feeling awful. I got 45 minutes on the bike this past Monday and followed it up by immediately running on the track at the YMCA for another 30 minutes. I'm trying to sneak in an hour a week of running (nothing nutty. Just some easy running with a few up tempo minutes here and there) because I'm thinking of running a 5K, Saturday, Feb 14 in Portland. Something to to keep me motivated. Anyway, I was HURTING this morning when I crawled out of bed. After finishing with my classes, I skulked back home, crawled back into bed and slept for hours. Feeling better after some sleep and lots of water, I actually rode the trainer in the basement for 45 minutes nice and easy (if there is such a notion). The workout was helpful, as getting a light sweat on and clearing out my chest (gross, but necessary) was needed to stimulate a little vitality back into me. I'm feeling a bit better, not great, but I better watch it. If I push it I could be sick for awhile and that would really mess things up. More sleep tonight and we'll see what the morning brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment