Sunday, January 11, 2009

Running Keeps Things Fresh

Oh, Yeah. I ran a few road races last year also. The Winthrop July, 4 5K (22:40), the Stratham Fair 5.7 mi. race (44 min), the Lakeside Orchard 5K (23:05) and the yankee homecomming 5K(23:30 ish) with my sister, Heather and about literally 1800 other people. As usual, I ran off the start flying and then would later hit the wall. No experience and too much nerves!. Notice Heather looking happy and refreshed after a well run race and me, exhausted and barely able to stand. One of these days I learn to pace myself! I had a great time despite the pain (the Stratham Fair race was on a Saturday and this race was the following tuesday night. Ouch!) and I loved spending time with my siter and Mom who was there to cheer us on. I'm lucky to have such a loving and supportive family.

Photos by Cheech (AKA Cheryl).





No comments:

Post a Comment