Tuesday, January 27, 2009

39 Is The New 30 !

Well I turn 39 in a few hours and I guess I'm OK with it. Not thrilled, but I'll get over it. I guess it helps I'm immature for my age!
I was thinking of growing out a goatee again this year, but I noticed the first gray hair of my life has sprouted in force on my chin. Hence, no goatee. Oh, the vanity! Sad, but true.


velonews.com has a good article about a pro racer in the euro tour who is 4o yrs old. Check out the story at velonews.com.


Also,

I finished another week of training. I had a bit of a set back as I was aiming for 10 hours but finished with 7hrs. I had weekend duty which means I was assigned various tasks/duties to keep the KHS train up and running over the weekend. I snowshoed lazily the following Monday and then 75 minutes of bike trainer Tuesday. I was once again in the dorm Tuesday night, as that is my weekday dorm duty slot. So, with a late Sunday night, another late Tuesday night of work and then advisor reports due Wednesday afternoon (A report home to the parents of my advisees on how the year is going for them thus far), I was not able to get much training in. I did manage to get a ride in Thursday and then two back to back 2 hr rides in this past Saturday and Sunday, so at least I finished the week with some good saddle time. I'm off to a good start this week. Hopefully it will hold. I'm excited about the 10-15 inches of snow forcasted for us Wednesday. I'm looking forward to a good long snowshoe with Huck in some fresh powder this week. He'll have a blast. This may be the most serious Huck has ever looked. He is such a goofball!

No comments:

Post a Comment