Saturday, May 9, 2009

LL Bean TT Race Report

37/93

Haven't felt much like writing. Lots of School work and fatigue. In fact I rode the LL Bean Time Trial race on about 4 hours sleep, which wouldn't be so bad, except the two previous nights I got about 5 hours sleep each night due to having to work in the dorms. So, Sunday morning I met Pat E at 5:45 am and we drove to Freeport for the race. Pat was in good spirits as he had a great day previously at the Polar Bear Triathlon where he placed second in his age group. He was good to go as his 18 year old body recovered well from his effort Saturday. I felt like a dead man! Very tired, but I had been training for months so I wasn't about to miss this race. After missing the exit due to being distracted by a hitchhiker on the highway and then actually missing my start time after a too short of a warm -up , I was off and racing. The start official let me jump in the line and I started 30 seconds later than I should have. At least I didn't flat!
Pat had a good race finishing in 53:25 and i just barely snuck the 18.3 mile very hill and twisty course in 49:59 Two minutes 6 seconds faster than last year! Not bad for a dead man.

http://www.bikereg.com/Results/2009/05/03-LLBean-TT.asp

1 comment: