Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mid-Coast TT Race Report

A very small turnout last Sunday, I guess due to the weather, but I've seen it worse and have twice as many people. The fast riders showed up (I do not count myself as one. I mean the really fast riders) of course and Fast Fred set yet another course record. Amazing! He averaged nearly 28 mph in windy conditions. Sick! My time, well a little different. I still was 1:50 min faster than last year, but I am confident that I could have done better. Here's why: I RODE THE FIRST 3.5 MILES IN THE SMALL CHAIN RING! What an idiot! I kept looking down to the rear cassette, which I had in a big gear, wondering why I was going so slow. I just chalked it up to the head wind. It wasn't until I finally looked directly down to the crank set to see, to my HORROR, that I was in the small ring. I quickly switched and hammered the rest of the way, carrying on an expletive strewn narrative in my head on my self-made misfortune. Every race is a learning experience! Next up is a busy weekend of the 23/24 of May. Belfast TT on Saturday and then the last SIP crit on the Sunday.

http://www.mypeakmultisport.com/news/Peak_Time_Trial_Midcoast_Results.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment