Saturday, May 16, 2009

Go Big or Go Home: My Brother Rocks!







My brother, Dave, all 6'8" 250lbs of him (just two years ago he was 320 lbs! Another riding success story!) rode the Tour de Syracuse criterium today. His first mass start race and first test among the little people, as we Moore's say. Dave hung tough within the pack, even though he doesn't even get shielded from the wind within the pack due to his size (See the picture! Dave is the large human two bikes left of the pine tree) Dave is still pushing a lot of air behind the skinny's due to his division I size football body (D- Line, BC, '87-'90). Dave rode hard and gave it all he had because that's all he knows how to do. Congratulations, Dave and let 'er rip tomorrow during the Tour de Syracuse Road Race.






Next year, lets do it together!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thanks for the shout out. My first time out and it was fun. We had crazy winds, t-storms, tornado warnings, torntial rain...etc. It was wild. I was tucked down too far trying to stay out of the wind and when I started to cramp and sat up for a minute it was like opening the parachute on a dragster- I shot right out the back of the pack and once in the wind could not keep up. I was in the front of the pack for 8 laps of 15 though.....with the wind I reached 37.7mph....we did have three near crashes in which people were banging shoulders and elbows - lots of yelling and cursing. Thankfully, some vets in the group said I was not one of the guys causing problems...see ya!

    ReplyDelete