Saturday, May 30, 2009

Belfast TT Race Report

18/47



















Sorry for the lack of blog action lately. As my brother put it I've "gone underground." It's the end of the school year here at KHS and the amount and pace of work has increased. The result has been little sleep and even less training. In the two weeks preceding the Belfast race I only got on the bike 5 times. It should have been 10 -12 times. I lost a bit of fitness and was several pounds over my goal weight for this race, which I could feel in this race and actually finished 45 seconds slower than last year. I was pretty disappointed, but Cheryl, who came with me to the race, which was great, put it in perspective for me. She asked if I enjoyed riding and racing, which I do, so I should enjoy being out there testing yourself and having fun even though it doesn't always go as planned. Honestly, with my work schedule, it's a victory getting away and participating in these events. That said, I am looking forward to having more training time and racking up some more personal best times in the races to come. In fact I have a race Sunday 5/31 in Cape Elizabeth. My advisee Pat and I will be departing KHS at 5:30 am (ouch!) for the 8 am race. I've never done this course, so success will be judged by finishing safely and finishing in front of a couple of riders who I really should be in front of, but who nipped me by a minute or so last race. Hopefully my legs will be up for it. I'll try to post a race report Sunday night with prelim results.

No comments:

Post a Comment