Monday, February 2, 2009




Went for a 90 minute snowshoe in Kingfield yesterday. The snow was very deep with soft powder. I was wearing my big, 36 inch expedition/backcountry snowshoes and I was still sinking up to my knees and beyond once I got out into the woods. It was hard work, but fun. I cut it short because I didn't want to push quite so hard as I'm getting over a nasty chest cold. I was able to come across two deer beds were they hunkered down beneath some hemlock trees and a set of moose tracks. Saw lots of redpolls also (a species of finch).

2 comments:

  1. Check out the deer living in the wooded area between Wheels and Travis. I'm scoping out new singletrack for next year in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully it won't be as muddy as the rest of the trails back there!

    ReplyDelete