Wednesday, February 25, 2009

KH XC Ski












Kents Hill School. Just a few steps from XC ski and snowshoe trails. I love It!















Groomed trails just 10 yard from my back steps.



















Into the Woods.

I crashed and grabbed my camera so quickly I still have snow up my nose!








































I am fortunate enough to live at the dorrstep of a couple of hundred acres of groomed XC ski trails. I ventured out for a two hour ski tuesday and was soooo happy to be in the woods. I've recently heard someone say that they get board hiking, walking, snow shoeing or skiing in the woods and I get close to being indignant when I hear this. I JUST DON"T GET IT. The woods are like a novel to me. So many sub plots and so many stories being told. Every time I venture into the woods I am overwhelmed with information. You just have to have an ecologocal educaton, and if you lack that, like many young children, curioisty will make a walk in the woods exciting. It did for me. My best childhood memories are those of me and my friends or my brother and sisiter exploring in the woods. You just open your eyes and your senses. I am blessed to live in rural Maine.
































No comments:

Post a Comment