Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sorry for the long Break!

I haven't posted for a while because there wasn't much to report and I also just wasn't feeling it. I have been training diligently since January for this coming season, and I guess I've been feeling a bit burned out. Not good when the season hasn't even started yet. School is in full swing and the pace is furious. Due to the make up work and classes from the extended spring break (flu epidemic shut down school) the schedule and workload has been, frankly, way over the top. Add coaching JV Lacrosse, leading a research project to establish Env. Ed as a "Peak of Excellence" and trying to train has got my head spinning. I have only got one ride in this week so far. I guess I can say that I'm due for a rest week, but I'm exhausted anyway, without the training. I'm not sure my body and mind are benefiting from the time off the bike. Actually, I bet I'd feel better if i could ride. I'll try tomorrow if my body (recurring back issue rearing its ugliness again! A relic from my years of physical labor jobs, and proably years of contact sports) and mind are up to it
The only good news is that my sprint training is improving. This is the first year I've done any real sprint training and my rpms are getting higher. I use the stationary bike at the Alfond fitness center because my bike is STILL in the shop (long story for another post) and I only have my Kona mtb bike to ride. Not good for sprint training. My rpms were around 172 on the stationary bike over an 8 second sprint two weeks ago. Last Tuesday (my only ride this week!) I reached 180 rpms on the same program and resistance level. Hopefully I can reach 200 rpms by summer. I hope to do several criteriums this year, hence the sprint work.

No comments:

Post a Comment